Membership of TECBAR is open to practising barristers (both employed and self-employed) who have completed pupillage, hold a current practising certificate granted by the General Council of the Bar of England and Wales, and regularly practise (or intend to practise) in the fields of technology and construction law. The Rules of TECBAR are set out here.
Benefits of membership
TECBAR offers education and professional development opportunities for members; it promotes the Technology and Construction Bar to potential clients (domestically and internationally) and represents members’ interests on the BSB, Bar Council, and TCC Users’ Committee.
The benefits of membership of TECBAR include:
- Access to a range of CPD-accredited lectures and seminars by leading practitioners and judges
- Access to events held jointly with the Technology and Construction Solicitors’ Association (TeCSA) and Society of Construction Law (SCL)
- An opportunity to meet other practitioners in your field at regular social events, including an Annual Garden Party
- Eligibility to apply for accreditation by TECBAR as an adjudicator, arbitrator, mediator or Dispute Resolution Board member, subject to compliance with accreditation criteria
- Quarterly copies of the TECBAR Review, which publishes news, articles and case summaries written by leading practitioners
- Eligibility to stand for election to TECBAR’s Committee (elections are held annually)
- Inclusion on TECBAR’s List of Members, published on this website
How to apply
The current annual subscription is £45 for juniors and £60 for silks, payable by direct debit.